Hey hey! Happy SATURDAY! I started this little series on the blog that runs on Saturdays where I share with you some of the things I’ve run across online that have caught my eye and made me linger for a bit. What kinds of things you ask? Well most likely there will be lots of links to blog posts I’ve read throughout the week, or links to products I want to buy, or maybe even a few funny memes. The possibilities are just really endless!
Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy..and I hope you’re having a fabulous weekend!
- So I’m digging all things pearl embellished lately. I saw this jean jacket featured by one of my fave bloggers, but it’s a bit out of my price range. So, what did I do? Well I went straight to Amazon and found one almost equally as cute and for WAY less! 🙂 And of course Amazon suggested other things, and I found this absolutely cute pearl embellished long light weight cardigan.
- As much as I try to slow down on the weekends and just chill – I always find myself trying to arrange something to do with the kids. Lately we’ve had a ton of birthday parties to attend so that’s helped take that urge to plan off my plate. However, I know that soon the birthday season will subside and I ran across this cute post from A Beautiful Mess full of simple yet fun things to do on the weekend as a family.
- I read this post on the Lauren McBride blog about dyeing Easter Eggs naturally. Basically with food items. And I really loved how her colors turned out. So I think I may give this a try!
- A blog post that has really resonated with me is this one from Dad and Buried that talks about breaking the routine with your kids. Just like with anyone we live our day to day life with (spouse, parents, siblings, roommates…etc) – we can totally get caught up in executing our routines when it comes to living life with our kids at home. Especially when you are a working parent and have limited time with your children in the morning and evenings which are always such a hectic time trying to do things like get ready and out the door for the day or get settled down for dinner, bath, and bed time! Sometimes its really great to just change things up and spend some actual quality time being present with our children.
- Soooo I am a liar, because in my Spring Shoe Capsule post I said I didn’t plan on buying any new shoes AND THEN…I did. Oops. In my defense, they were super cheap and I didn’t account for a shoe option that was suitable for the beach…or suitable to be exposed to messier conditions. I saw that Birkenstock makes rubbery versions of their shoes! And then I saw that you can get almost the same thing from Walmart for way cheaper which is what I did. lol I haven’t worn them yet…but I’ll let ya know how they hold up.